Diverse denim looks can be achieved with the latest enzymatic innovation. Working with cold water and reducing the use of the chemicals, the solution quickens the denim bleaching process, and secures higher quality denim.
Almost 20 years ago, denim bleaching became safer and more sustainable with the launch of Novozymes DeniLite®. Using enzymatic technology instead of harsh chemicals, the solution offered a gentle alternative for denim processing. Novozymes’ latest offering is a cold bleaching product known as DeniLite® Cold.
The Italian fast fashion company chose Lectra Fashion PLM to support its global business strategy
Lectra, the world leader in integrated technology solutions dedicated to industries using soft materials-fabrics, leather, technical textiles and composite materials-is pleased to announce that Imperial is implementing Lectra Fashion PLM to reinforce its position in the fast fashion market and support its worldwide business growth strategy.
Founded in Bologna, Italy, in 1978 by Adriano Aere and Emilia Giberti, Imperial provides menswear and womenswear to 4,000 customers across the world, including Italy, Europe and Asia. The company, which delivers 6 million pieces per year, decided to expand its activities in 2012 and invested in 80 multi-brand stores.
The design teams behind the Running and adidas by Stella McCartney ranges have changed the way they make patterns, improving the pattern efficiency and reducing fabric waste.
The adidas by Stella McCartney range, which employs a few different colours and incorporate a 95% organic fabric, now uses cutting techniques that ensure 95% of the fabric used goes into the final product, with the remaining 5% recycled or repurposed.
The Running apparel range was also designed to reduce material use by using square and rectangles in the main pattern and ensuring a performance fit with stretchy inserts. Through changing the pattern, the team was able to increase pattern efficiency to 96% - meaning 96% of the fabric on the cutting table was used in the product.
The Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh has finalized the fire, electrical, and building inspection standards against which all its member supplier factories will be assessed.
The standards are largely based on the Bangladesh National Building Code and are the result of discussions between the Accord, the National Tripartite Plan of Action, and the Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety (Alliance).
The Accord has committed to inspect 1500 factories by September 2014 that are used by mostly-European brands and retailers including H&M, Marks & Spencer, Zara owner Inditex and PVH.
Optitex Announces the Release of Version 12.2: Optimizing Fabric Usage, Improving 3D Visualization Quality and Enhancing Productivity for Users
NY, November 2013 - Optitex, the leading provider of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM and virtual prototyping software solutions, announces the release of Version 12.2.
In this latest version, a new nesting solution (Nest ++ Pro - Download PDF) deploys an improved algorithm utilizing multi-core processing, which increases the efficiency of fabric usage during the nesting process by up to 1%. Additionally,
Yoki Girl’s Faux Leather Jacket (Sold Exclusively at Burlington Coat Factory)
Hazard:The jackets have a drawstring through the hood which can pose a strangulation hazard to children. In February 1996, CPSC issued guidelines about drawstrings in children's upper outerwear. In 1997, those guidelines were incorporated into a voluntary standard. Then, in July 2011, based on the guidelines and voluntary standard, CPSC issued a federal regulation.
Nike started a brand-new and totally eco-friendly sportswear dye facility in Taiwan. This time, the company decided to green up its ways not by investing heavily in energy efficiency and in cutting greenhouse gas emissions, but by eliminating the need to use water to dye clothing items.
Dyecoo, which has financial backing from Nike and Ikea, uses high-pressure liquidised CO2 rather than water to apply dyes to fabrics, eliminating the need for 100 to 150 litres of water usually required to dye one kilogram of material.
The printer specialist’s latest SureColor B and F series printers offer a wealth of print technology enhancements such as the new Micro Piezo TFP print head that boasts 720dpi prints in a single pass.
In a bid to take commercial printing to the next level, Epson has announced their new SureColor B and F series printers that feature improvements that promise to deliver for even the most demanding of applications, spanning prints on large format signs to textiles and T-shirts.The latest range of printers include, the:
PHNOM PENH — Swedish clothing giant H&M recently announced a program to boost wages for garment workers in its sub-contractor factories around the world, including in Cambodia, where the company is a leading buyer. H&M's announcement comes at the end of a turbulent year in the garment sector in Cambodia and elsewhere.